Suanne Honey, Attorney
Company / Firm:
Law Offices of Suanne Honey
1605 E. Fourth Street, Suite 250
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Experienced family law attorney Suanne I. Honey has been practicing law for over 27 years with a focus on matters including dissolution of marriage (divorce), paternity actions, child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support (alimony), modification of support agreements, division of assets and debts, premarital agreements, and domestic violence among other areas.
Suanne Honey is trained in Collaborative Law and Mediation as applied to family law issues. She holds Certifications in Mediation and Collaborative Divorce Team Training.
Suanne I. Honey is a Certified Specialist in Family Law (CFLS) by the State Bar of California Legal Specialization. Attorneys who are “Certified Family Law Specialists“ have received distinct designation as experts in their field, according to the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Attorneys with this designation have passed the Family Law Specialist Bar Exam in addition to passing the general Bar exam, and have also been recommended by judges and other attorneys. Honey regularly participates in advanced training in Collaborative Practice and Mediation as well as continuing legal education. She routinely attends and participates in CDSOC luncheon seminars and roundtables and for the past two years has been the chairperson for the Training and Education Committee for CDSOC.
Suanne Honey has provided pro bono advice on behalf of the organization Human Options, which combats domestic violence; and has served on the board of directors for non-profit agency F.A.C.E.S. (Family Assessment and Education Services), including several terms as President of the Board.
- California State University of California at Fullerton
- Western State College of Law (graduated with honors)
- State Bar of California: Admitted 1990
- Certified Specialist in Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization (2011)
California Certifications: Mediator; Collaborative Divorce
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County (CDSOC)
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Association of Family Law Certified Specialists (ACFLS)
- Orange County Association of Family Law Specialists
Admitted to Practice:
State of California, Ninth Circuit of Appeals; Central District of California, U.S. District Court.
Minor’s counsel: Los Angeles County Superior Court and Orange County Superior Court
Type of Profession: A