Leslee J. Newman, Attorney
Attorney, Collaborative Attorney, Attorney/Mediator, Certified Family Law Specialist, Family Law Attorney
Leslee J. Newman
1016 W. Town & Country Road
Orange, CA 92868
Leslee has worked in divorce peacemaking and out-of-court divorce for more than 30 years. She began conducting mediation with divorcing couples more than three decades ago when she began practicing family law, and was amazed at the results. Leslee was also one of the co-founders and the founding President of Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County (CDSOC).
Leslee has played a very active role with CDSOC since its founding, also chairing the website, advertising, membership, and speakers bureau committees, and most recently serving as treasurer. Leslee also served on the Board of Collaborative Practice California for six years, chairing Public Education for Southern California, and retiring as the Vice President. Leslee has been engaged in Collaborative Practice for 15 years, specializing in Collaborative Divorce, and Collaborative pre-marital agreements.
Leslee’s mission is to bring peace and healing to families undergoing divorce and separation. It takes special skills, training, knowledge of the law, and great compassion to help individuals preserve their family relationships while navigating the legal process of divorce. Leslee loves this work and is committed to helping each couple or client that she has the privilege to assist.
Leslee is a Certified Specialist in Family Law through the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. She also serves as a volunteer settlement officer and a volunteer judge pro tem for the Orange County Superior Court. Leslee conducts voluntary fee arbitrations and mediations for the Orange County Bar Association. Leslee formerly served on the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section for several years, and is the Chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution section for 2017.
Type of Profession: A
- UCLA, Bachelor of Arts degree
- UCLA, Master of Arts degree
- Law Degree, Valley University, Juris Doctor
- Founding Board Member, Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County, 2003 – present
- Family Law Section, Orange County Bar Association 2004 – 2008
- Board Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Orange County Bar, 2013 – present
- Former Board Member, Collaborative Practice California, 2005 – 2012, Secretary, Vice President, and Chair of Public Education, Southern California
- State Bar of California, admitted June 1981
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, 1994 – present
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, 1994
Professional Training in Collaborative Process:
- Agreement Readiness Training, 2016
- Streamlined Protocol, 2016
- Three-Day Streamlined Protocol, Collaborative Divorce Team Training, 2013
- Mediation Techniques for Collaborative Practice, 2011
- Three-Day Basic Training, Collaborative Divorce Team Training, 2009
- Two-Day Training on the utilization of the single coach model in Collaboration Practice, 2007
- Three-Day Team Training, Collaborative Divorce Team Training, 2003
- Courses at International Association of Collaborative Professions forums in San Diego, Boston and San Francisco
- Classes and workshops at Collaborative Practice California annual conferences, 2005 – present
Areas of practice:
Adoption, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Child Custody and Visitation, Child Support and Alimony, Collaborative Divorce, Collaborative Law, Collaborative Practice, Cooperative Divorce, Co-Parenting Issues & Visitation, Divorce Mediation, Domestic Violence, Enforcement, Family Law, Guardianships, Mediation, Minor’s Counsel, Paternity, Private Judging, Property, Referee, Relocation, Support Issues & Property Division